LEHIGHTON, Pa. - Beltzville State Park will likely face extra large crowds and some traffic issues Memorial Day Weekend.
In a news release, the Pennsylvania Department of Conservation and Natural Resources noted that bridge construction could slow traffic and will require a detour route to get to Pohopoco Drive and the main entrance to the park.
The park also usually hosts larger crowds during holiday weekends.
"Many residents of the Lehigh Valley and Hazleton areas travel to enjoy the picnicking, swimming, boating and hiking available at the park and we are happy to welcome them," Beltzville State Park Manager Devin Buzard said in a statement. "Our first concern is the safety or our visitors, and that's why we want people to be aware of the detour issues and parking restrictions."
For more information about the road closures and detours, please visit the turnpike website.
A judge has rejected a request for an emergency competency hearing after a survivalist convicted of ambushing two Pennsylvania State Police troopers refused to communicate with his lawyers.Read More »
- Eric Frein sentencing continues Monday, focus shifts to Frein's father
- Eric Frein's strategy to avoid death: Blame Dad
- Fire guts attached garage, damages home in Rush Twp.
- Woman killed in 1-car crash going 120 mph
- Defense begins to present its case in Eric Frein trial penalty phase
- Fallen trooper's wife gives emotional testimony in trial
- Former congressional aide must register as sex offender
- Pa. awarded $26.5 million to fight heroin, opioid crisis
- Updated Judge refuses competency hearing for police ambush killer
- Updated Health Beat: Food safety on the go
- Updated Wolf, treasurer push pension agencies to cut investment fees
- Updated Bethlehem police charge second man in brutal 2016 beating
- Penn State Health St. Joseph hires new financial chief
- Penske Truck Leasing unveils mobile app for customers
- State police: 1 killed in crash with State Police vehicle
- Tickets on sale for 4th of July fireworks show at Coca-Cola Park