TOBYHANNA, Pa. - A man is facing a long list of charges in Monroe County.
Police said Emilio Romero, Jr., 40, raped a woman at gunpoint in Tobyhanna.
Officials said the woman reported she was sexually assaulted at a house on Kensington Drive last week.
Investigators searched the house and found a Beretta replica pistol, multiple concealed surveillance cameras and Xanax prescription pills.
Police obtained an arrest warrant for Romero, and took him into custody when he tried to return to the house, officials said.
Romero is being held in Monroe County jail in lieu of $200,000 bail. He is charged with rape, assault and making terroristic threats.
Gov. Tom Wolf announced Thursday more than $2.8 million in funding for local summer internship programs across Pennsylvania.Read More »
- Mount Pocono man wanted for homicide in Wayne County
- 32-year-old faces charges for alleged sexual assault in Monroe County
- Schuylkill County man pleads guilty to bank robbery
- 2nd man sentenced in crash that killed man, pregnant woman
- Groceries, everyday items delivered to your Stroudsburg door
- Volunteers undertake massive cleanup of Pocono Creek
- Terrifying health scare gets couple into running
- Lehigh Valley teams going to World Finals in scholastic competition
- Toxicologists testify about Benadryl, quaaludes in Cosby retrial
- Lehigh University dissolves Pi Kappa Alpha fraternity
- Police ask retailers to be on lookout for gift card scams
- Woman finds another piece of Southwest Airlines plane debris
- PennDOT repairs hole in Hellertown Water Street Bridge
- Updated Democratic debate touches on hot-button issues
- Updated Northampton County disbanding gaming authority
- Berks County philanthropist warmly remembered