TOBYHANNA, Pa. - A man is facing a long list of charges in Monroe County.
Police said Emilio Romero, Jr., 40, raped a woman at gunpoint in Tobyhanna.
Officials said the woman reported she was sexually assaulted at a house on Kensington Drive last week.
Investigators searched the house and found a Beretta replica pistol, multiple concealed surveillance cameras and Xanax prescription pills.
Police obtained an arrest warrant for Romero, and took him into custody when he tried to return to the house, officials said.
Romero is being held in Monroe County jail in lieu of $200,000 bail. He is charged with rape, assault and making terroristic threats.
Police say Diane Probst, 51, of Sugarloaf, was shot by her husband Steven Probst, 62, around 8 p.m. Tuesday at the Shenandoah Fish & Game Protective Association.Read More »
- Man's arm grievously wounded in workplace accident
- Man opens fire during bingo night at Schuylkill County bar
- One Tank Trip: Pocono Indian Museum
- Verdict reached in fraternity hazing death trial in Monroe County
- Man charged in shooting at Schuylkill County bar
- Police: Man attempts to rob Dollar General with note
- Updated Shopping, music and Black Friday traditions at Lehigh Valley Mall
- Shoppers delight with mostly sunny skies, warmer afternoon temperatures
- Updated Police in Warren County arrest 3 after report of shots fired
- Berks County woman killed in Thanksgiving Day crash
- Police: Fake taxi driver robs rider in Hackettstown
- Updated Fire destroys garage in Northampton County
- Sunrise Chef: Rodizio Grill
- Life Lessons: Tackle public speaking
- From turkey to the toy store
- The season of giving kicks off at one Whitehall home