MAHANOY TWP., Pa. - Officials say a man directing traffic was killed in Schuylkill County Thursday.
It happened around 12:50 p.m. Thursday on Morea Road near Route 54 in Mahanoy Township.
Police say 66-year-old William Hoffman of Pottsville was in the roadway controlling traffic because of nearby roadwork.
Police say he was struck by a minivan driven by 67-year-old Cathy Ann Moss of Barnesville.
Hoffman died at the scene.
Police say Moss was not hurt and was wearing a seatbelt.
The crash is currently under investigation.
Visitors get to interact with the animals, including rides on the workhorses.Read More »
- Man's 'suspicious' death in Frackville ruled a homicide
- Alpine Mountain Ski area sold
- Frackville police investigating man's 'suspicious' death
- 2 people killed in fiery crash on I-81 in Schuylkill County
- Man charged in Palmerton driveway paving scam
- Schuylkill man to appear in court; accused of leaving 3 young children alone, 1 in 'cage'
- Sunday mainly dry, but showers overnight
- Monroe County farm holds annual Farm Animal Frolic
- Updated Package that led to Newark airport evacuation deemed safe
- Fire destroys barn in Lehigh Twp.
- Artvana could take the place of former Mayfair Festival
- Coroner identifies man found dead in Schuylkill River
- Memorial honors Lehigh Valley veteran
- Former Phillies pitcher Jim Bunning Passes Away at 85
- Gregg Allman of the Allman Brothers Band Dies at Age 69
- Holiday travelers will encounter rising prices at the pump