LOWER TOWAMENSING TWP., Pa. - A wild crash in Carbon County sent a pickup truck barreling down a cliff, and crashing onto railroad tracks, under a bridge.
State police say the truck hit a section of guardrail.. before hitting a tree.. going over the edge of a cliff.. and landing on the tracks.
It happened along Route 248 in Lower Towamensing Township yesterday afternoon. The 65-year-old driver was flown from the scene.. but state police say he suffered only minor injuries.
Police found a couple stabbed to death in their home in Monroe County. Now one of the victim's nephew is behind bars facing homicide charges.Read More »
- Nephew charged in aunt, uncle's stabbing deaths
- Double homicide investigation leads to arrest in Poconos
- Pocono doctor picked to work as translator at Olympics
- Lehigh County coroner looking for next of kin
- Several service events to honor Martin Luther King Jr. Day
- Neighbors shaken after murder suicide in Tobyhanna
- Steadier snow develops overnight leads to messy morning commute
- Jury selected for Allentown Mayor Pawlowski's trial
- Reading police seek persons of interest in fatal shooting
- Updated Fraud, theft trending high in Cumru
- Updated Bethlehem wants more critical look at tax-incentivized programs
- Close? Delay? It can be a tough call for school districts
- Two injured in head-on crash
- PennDOT wants drivers to cooperate, let crews do their job
- Berks steak brand lands coveted Twitter verification
- Embattled lawmaker to seek 22nd, last term in Pa. House