A Carbon County man was arrested at Newark Liberty International Airport Thursday after security detected a loaded pistol in his jacket.
A Transportation Security Administration officer who was at the checkpoint X-ray monitor detected the .38 calibur handgun inside the man's jacket pocket as it entered the machine. TSA says it was loaded with five bullets.
Security officers immediately contacted the Port Authority Police Department who confiscated the gun and arrested the man, who is a resident of Palmerton, on state weapons charges.
TSA says he was traveling with family members at the time of his arrest.
Passengers are permitted to travel with firearms, but only if they are unloaded, packed in a hard-side case, locked and packed separately from ammunition.
Pro-gun church explains AR-15 marriage ceremony.Read More »
- New Jim-Thorpe one-dollar coins selling out fast
- Some Poconos students to relocate Wednesday due to blessing ceremony featuring AR-15s
- Pair charged in numerous robberies, thefts at Walmart stores
- Monroe County teenager dies from flu complications
- AR-15 rifles to accompany church's blessing ceremony
- 2 more facing charges in relation to ESU stabbing
- Water main breaks in Reading, closes section of North Eighth Street
- Parkland schools to reopen Monday after bus garage fire
- Caught on camera: Domino's workers apprehend armed robbery suspect
- Updated Young musicians show talents at Lehigh Valley Mall
- Indivisible Berks Holds Rally in Support of Unions in Preparation of Major Supreme Court Case
- Updated Fightin Phils Job Fair held at First Energy Stadium
- Updated Reading group hosts Black History Month celebration
- Wallenpaupack School District responds to nearby church ceremony involving AR-15 rifles
- People pay final respects to Reverend Billy Graham
- Updated Police, crews respond to incident in Exeter Township