MAHONING TWP., Pa. - Two 21-year-olds were arrested in Mahoning Township, Carbon County for drug possession with two small children in the car.
According to police, on May 8 police followed through on the report of a vehicle going to a residence on Boyko Drive to sell heroin.
Sarah Stidham, the driver of the vehicle, of Jim Thorpe, and Jordan Trotta, of Lehighton, were charged with possession of a controlled substance and possession of drug paraphernalia.
Trotta was a passenger in the vehicle, as were two small children, according to police.
Trotta is currently in Carbon County Prison after failing to post $20,000 bail, which was set by Magistrate Lewis of Jim Thorpe.
Stidham and Trotta both have preliminary hearings June 11.
The National Park Service will be closing River Road in Middle Smithfield Township between park headquarters and Hialeah Picnic Area to protect migrating amphibians.Read More »
- 6 charged in connection with alleged gang slaying
- Mother charged after concealing death of baby
- Saylorsburg man faces DUI charge, child was in car
- Immigration officials detain alleged undocumented immigrants in Poconos
- PennDOT cracking down on 'Graffiti Highway' trespassing
- Police seize weapons from home of Horvath's father-in-law
- Route 222 reopens after crash closed it for nearly six hours Friday
- Safe travels, Ed: A new generation honors the Greatest
- Allentown's Police Athletic League keeping kids on the right track
- Woman loses more than half her body weight after 140-pound mass is removed
- Al Boscov's daughters, lifelong friend to speak at service
- Warm weather in Berks means time for ice cream
- Union Township woman accused of stealing from Parent Teacher Association
- "Mascots for a Cure" get down in Pottstown
- Black Bass Hotel becomes Hollywood movie set
- Family wants justice after hit-and-run leaves woman in critical condition