COOLBAUGH TWP., Pa. - Authorities in Monroe County are investigating a house explosion.
It happened early Monday morning in the 3100 block of Mohawk Trail, in the Pocono Farms development in Coolbaugh Township.
Fire officials there say three sides of the home had been blown off its foundation.
Investigators believe the home was empty, and are now looking into what caused the explosion.
Swastikas and other slurs were also seen painted on the garage of the home, but there's no word on whether that's related.
An alleged attempt to steal manhole covers has landed two men behind bars.Read More »
- Schuylkill River Heritage Area adopts new name, logo
- East Stroudsburg University faces over $5M budget deficit
- One Tank Trip: Pocono Indian Museum
- DA: Heroin dealer convicted in Monroe County
- DA: Business owner deceives customers, faces felony theft charges
- Lehigh Valley Hospital's Pocono West campus approved
- Updated Expect thickening clouds with rain arriving later
- Updated Neighbors near destroyed senior home marvel at heroism
- Colebrookdale reveals reason for firing its police chief
- Students get first-hand accounts of the horrors of heroin
- Bust near school yields heroin, ingredients to make K2
- Man accused of killing cousin headed to trial
- Adopt Lehigh Valley Kids: Antonio
- History's Headlines: Firefighting in Bethlehem
- Bangor and Pen Argyl football alumni face off again for charity
- Off the Gridiron - You're never too young for football in Whitehall