COOLBAUGH TWP., Pa. - Authorities in Monroe County are investigating a house explosion.
It happened early Monday morning in the 3100 block of Mohawk Trail, in the Pocono Farms development in Coolbaugh Township.
Fire officials there say three sides of the home had been blown off its foundation.
Investigators believe the home was empty, and are now looking into what caused the explosion.
Swastikas and other slurs were also seen painted on the garage of the home, but there's no word on whether that's related.
Police found a couple stabbed to death in their home in Monroe County. Now one of the victim's nephew is behind bars facing homicide charges.Read More »
- Nephew charged in aunt, uncle's stabbing deaths
- Double homicide investigation leads to arrest in Poconos
- Pocono doctor picked to work as translator at Olympics
- Lehigh County coroner looking for next of kin
- Several service events to honor Martin Luther King Jr. Day
- Neighbors shaken after murder suicide in Tobyhanna
- Steadier snow develops overnight leads to messy morning commute
- Jury selected for Allentown Mayor Pawlowski's trial
- Reading police seek persons of interest in fatal shooting
- Fraud, theft trending high in Cumru
- Bethlehem wants more critical look at tax-incentivized programs
- Close? Delay? It can be a tough call for school districts
- Two injured in head-on crash
- PennDOT wants drivers to cooperate, let crews do their job
- Berks steak brand lands coveted Twitter verification
- Embattled lawmaker to seek 22nd, last term in Pa. House