Votes for a controversial political figure are being counted in Schuylkill County.
Suspended Gilberton Police Chief Mark Kessler encouraged voters to write him in on the ballot for Schuylkill County Sheriff.
Un-official results say he received less than 740 write-in votes.
To compare officials say incumbent candidate Joseph Groody received more than 20,000 votes.
Kessler received national attention and the suspension after posting profane gun-rights videos on YouTube.
The National Park Service will be closing River Road in Middle Smithfield Township between park headquarters and Hialeah Picnic Area to protect migrating amphibians.Read More »
- 6 charged in connection with alleged gang slaying
- Mother charged after concealing death of baby
- Saylorsburg man faces DUI charge, child was in car
- Immigration officials detain alleged undocumented immigrants in Poconos
- PennDOT cracking down on 'Graffiti Highway' trespassing
- Police seize weapons from home of Horvath's father-in-law
- Route 222 reopens after crash closed it for nearly six hours Friday
- Safe travels, Ed: A new generation honors the Greatest
- Allentown's Police Athletic League keeping kids on the right track
- Easton man charged with homicide in fatal shooting
- Woman loses more than half her body weight after 140-pound mass is removed
- Al Boscov's daughters, lifelong friend to speak at service
- Warm weather in Berks means time for ice cream
- Union Township woman accused of stealing from Parent Teacher Association
- "Mascots for a Cure" get down in Pottstown
- Black Bass Hotel becomes Hollywood movie set