MAHONING TWP., Pa. - UPDATE: Officials in Carbon County say a man accused of trying to steal from a local Walmart has turned himself in to authorities.
Mahoning Twp. Police are investigating a retail theft at Walmart, 1731 Blakeslee Blvd. Dr. East on Oct. 19.
Police said a man tried to steal an electronic scooter valued at $210. The man was stopped by store security, and fled in the 1989 Jeep Comanche.
Through an investigation, police identified the man as 27-year-old Troy Rehrig of Towamensing Twp.
Police said Rehrig turned himself in Wednesday.
Bail was set at $2,000 and a preliminary hearing is scheduled for Nov. 6.
- Walker Twp. man arrested for firing gun near neighbor's family gathering
- Monroe County farm holds annual Farm Animal Frolic
- Man's 'suspicious' death in Frackville ruled a homicide
- Alpine Mountain Ski area sold
- Frackville police investigating man's 'suspicious' death
- 2 people killed in fiery crash on I-81 in Schuylkill County
- One year later, police seek answers in Chester Co. woman's death
- Mourners deliver flowers in memory of Ernie the giraffe
- How you can help an Allen HS senior in the fight of his life
- Freedom High student walks 22 miles for veterans
- Coroner called to crash in Lower Towamensing Twp.
- Visitors celebrate at Dorney Park despite rainy weather
- A place of healing for veterans
- Weather stops big guest at Pottstown Memorial Day parade
- 'Taps' echoes over Bethlehem
- Memorial Day services across Berks County