MAHONING TWP., Pa. - UPDATE: Officials in Carbon County say a man accused of trying to steal from a local Walmart has turned himself in to authorities.
Mahoning Twp. Police are investigating a retail theft at Walmart, 1731 Blakeslee Blvd. Dr. East on Oct. 19.
Police said a man tried to steal an electronic scooter valued at $210. The man was stopped by store security, and fled in the 1989 Jeep Comanche.
Through an investigation, police identified the man as 27-year-old Troy Rehrig of Towamensing Twp.
Police said Rehrig turned himself in Wednesday.
Bail was set at $2,000 and a preliminary hearing is scheduled for Nov. 6.
The National Park Service will be closing River Road in Middle Smithfield Township between park headquarters and Hialeah Picnic Area to protect migrating amphibians.Read More »
- 6 charged in connection with alleged gang slaying
- Mother charged after concealing death of baby
- Saylorsburg man faces DUI charge, child was in car
- Immigration officials detain alleged undocumented immigrants in Poconos
- PennDOT cracking down on 'Graffiti Highway' trespassing
- Police seize weapons from home of Horvath's father-in-law
- Updated Albert Boscov remembered during memorial service
- Cell phone store robbed at gunpoint
- Pink slips may await some Pennsylvania public universities
- Strong storms, winds leave damage across the region
- Man shot, killed by Reading police after allegedly pointing shotgun at officers
- N.J. Rep. Leonard Lance holds second town hall meeting
- Lehigh Valley Heart Ball raises money for American Heart Association
- 'Light the Way' celebration recognizes trailblazers in the community
- Local vineyard owners wary of warm weather
- Boscov: An American Story