East Stroudsburg, Pa. - East Stroudsburg University has received an award for the best student-operated radio station in the country.
WESS 90.3 was honored with the glass engraved College Radio Woodie Award by mtvU.
East Stroudsburg University beat out more than 100 other college radio stations that included Boston University, Indiana University and University of California-Berkeley.
In late February, WESS was ranked in the top 10 to receive a College Radio Woodie Award.
A nationwide vote was held online and a predetermined booths on ESU's campus to determine the overall winner.
- Frackville police investigating man's 'suspicious' death
- 2 people killed in fiery crash on I-81 in Schuylkill County
- Man charged in Palmerton driveway paving scam
- Schuylkill man to appear in court; accused of leaving 3 young children alone, 1 in 'cage'
- Stroudsburg church to begin 'organ' transplant
- PennEast Pipeline would fuel Blue Mountain expansion
- Teacher who had sex with student in cemetery going back to jail
- Police raid home in Phillipsburg
- Man killed in crash with fire truck in Allen Township identified
- One Freddy winner's emotional day
- Boyertown State Theatre goes digital
- Police: Teen shot in Pottstown
- Pennsylvania Shakespeare Festival right around the corner
- BK's Helping Hands lives up to the name
- Camelback Road bridge reopens
- Alpine Mountain Ski area sold