WEST PENN TWP., Pa. - A Wilkes-Barre man is fighting for his life after being seriously injured Friday afternoon in a crash in West Penn Township.
The crash occurred at 4 p.m. as the victim was traveling north on his Harley Davidson motorcycle.
A man from Reading attempted to pull out from a private lot to go south on Route 309 and in doing so pulled out into the path of the bike. The bike struck the car broadside sending the unit and its rider airborne over the car.
The victim was treated at the scene by members of the Penn Mahoning ambulance and Lehighton paramedics before being flown by MedEvac helicopter to the Lehigh Valley Hospital Trauma Center.
West Penn police are investigating the incident.
Route 309 was shut down for over one hour with West Penn fire police maintaining traffic control at the scene.
The Lehigh Tunnel on the northbound side of the Pennsylvania Turnpike was closed for more than an hour Friday night after a wreck inside the tunnel.Read More »
- Friends remember Chris Hixon, LV native killed in Florida shooting
- Camelback's ski camp leads its students to Paralympics
- Poconos sees uptick in tourism after previous decline
- Lehigh Valley native among those killed in Florida school shooting
- Victim of Florida school shooting has ties to local area
- Police chase leads to crash between Palo Alto officer, state trooper
- Snow gradually comes to an end late Saturday night
- Multiple-rollover crash shuts down I-78 West in Berks County
- Crews prep for weekend wintry weather
- Military plane conducting flight exercise cause of loud noises heard in Lehigh Valley
- Presidential historian Tim Blessing discusses President's Day
- Bethlehem's Friends of Music introduces Outstanding Young Artist Competition
- CDC says flu season may be leveling off
- History's Headlines: This old house finds a new life
- Harrisburg food pantry dishes out Gov. Wolf's Super Bowl winnings
- Glass building at Apple headquarters causing headaches for employees