Thousands are without power in the Lehigh Valley as a coastal storm slams the East Coast with wind and snow.
Dozens of car crashes were reported throughout the Lehigh Valley and the Poconos.
PennDOT has reduced the speed limits on several major roads. The speed limit is reduced to 45 mph on I-80 in Carbon and Monroe counties, I-81 in Schuylkill County and I-380 in Monroe.
Travel officials are urging drivers throughout the region to avoid travel if possible. Dozens of crashes are being reported in the Poconos and Lehigh Valley. Visit 511PA for the latest traffic information.
The snow and wind are causing wide-spread power outages for PPL customers across the area. There have been dozens of reports of trees and power lines down.
More than 100,000 PPL customers were without power Friday afternoon and the number kept increasing.
This includes almost 15,000 in Lehigh, almost 18,000 in Monroe, more than 10,000 in Northampton counties, according to the PPL Outage map.
Winds are expected to pick up during the day Friday, with gusts up to 60 mph.
Many schools were closed or dismissing early Friday as the storm continues to pound the area. Check the 69 News Stormcenter for the full list.
The performance of A Chorus Line at the State Theatre in Easton scheduled for Friday night has been postponed. A rescheduled date will be announced.
All Monroe County court offices will close at 3:30 p.m.
LANTA buses between Bethlehem and the Slate Belt region are operating on a snow emergency detour route.
Shawn Christy's parents characterized their feelings toward their son's capture in three words: ecstatic, relieved and in shock.Read More »
- Boyfriend facing homicide charge in connection with fatal pedestrian crash
- East Stroudsburg man accused of sexually assaulting 4-year-old
- Pedestrian killed in crash on Route 611 in Mount Pocono
- Two men arrested before drug sale in East Stroudsburg
- Berks-based uniform company to close plant near Frackville
- Dog the Bounty Hunter to join search for Shawn Christy
- 2-car crash closed stretch of Route 222; 1 car hit building, 1 car in field
- Shawn Christy's mother speaks out on son's capture
- Obama visits Philadelphia, touts 'blue wave'
- Fugitive Shawn Christy arrested; found in rocks, streambed
- Man turns his struggles with alopecia into inspiration for others
- Reading Mayor Wally Scott names acting city manager
- LV Chamber of Commerce welcomes Steel Club to Hellertown
- Perkasie man facing charges of hindering prosecution, tampering evidence
- Program at Reading High places students with part-time work
- Behind the Ballot: The 8th Congressional district