Thousands are without power in the Lehigh Valley as a coastal storm slams the East Coast with wind and snow.
Dozens of car crashes were reported throughout the Lehigh Valley and the Poconos.
PennDOT has reduced the speed limits on several major roads. The speed limit is reduced to 45 mph on I-80 in Carbon and Monroe counties, I-81 in Schuylkill County and I-380 in Monroe.
Travel officials are urging drivers throughout the region to avoid travel if possible. Dozens of crashes are being reported in the Poconos and Lehigh Valley. Visit 511PA for the latest traffic information.
The snow and wind are causing wide-spread power outages for PPL customers across the area. There have been dozens of reports of trees and power lines down.
More than 100,000 PPL customers were without power Friday afternoon and the number kept increasing.
This includes almost 15,000 in Lehigh, almost 18,000 in Monroe, more than 10,000 in Northampton counties, according to the PPL Outage map.
Winds are expected to pick up during the day Friday, with gusts up to 60 mph.
Many schools were closed or dismissing early Friday as the storm continues to pound the area. Check the 69 News Stormcenter for the full list.
The performance of A Chorus Line at the State Theatre in Easton scheduled for Friday night has been postponed. A rescheduled date will be announced.
All Monroe County court offices will close at 3:30 p.m.
LANTA buses between Bethlehem and the Slate Belt region are operating on a snow emergency detour route.
One of two Lehigh County men charged after a fatal crash that involved a stolen minivan is now out of the hospital and behind bars.Read More »
- Palmerton man killed in crash in Washington Township
- Snowfall totals from the 69 News viewing area
- ESU women's basketball manager meets Steph Curry
- Yuengling adds new beer to product portfolio
- ESU president announces new security measures for campus
- Wife who plotted husband's murder sentenced to 18-48 months
- Fire destroys bagel shop, damages strip mall in Heidelberg Twp.
- The Greater Lehigh Valley Auto Show is underway
- Safety concerns arise over polling places at Butz Elementary
- Fate of parents charged in daughter's death in jury's hands
- 15 arrested in bust of violent drug trafficking organization
- Band of thieves sought in theft from Victoria's Secret store
- Police chief switches from Allentown to South Whitehall Twp.
- Updated Salisbury grants waiver for Swain School soccer field
- East Allen supervisors praise outgoing manager
- Lawsuit against battery maker complicated: attorney