HAMILTON TWP., Pa. - A Monroe County woman is facing homicide by vehicle charges in connection with a crash that killed her 6-year-old daughter in June 2015.
A preliminary arraignment was held for 43-year-old Rebecca Willis Friday.
Authorities say she was driving under the influence of a controlled substance when her car crossed the center lane of Route 209 in Hamilton Township and hit another car.
Police say her daughter Sophia was "not properly belted" in her booster seat.
Willis is facing numerous charges including homicide by vehicle, involuntary manslaughter, DUI, and endangering the welfare of children.
- Pizza delivery driver shot in East Stroudsburg dies
- State Police: Trooper fires on man after he points weapon
- Neighbors of shooting victim 'devastated' by pizza delivery incident
- Pizza delivery driver ambushed, shot; 3 charged with attempted homicide
- 3, including a 17-year-old boy, charged in pizza delivery shooting
- Community takes stand against hate speech in Monroe County
- Updated Snow ending from west to east; some clearing overnight
- Wolf signs kids health coverage bill, urges Congress to act
- Alleged sexual 'predator' facing additional rape charges
- Babysitter charged in sexual assault of 2 young children
- Updated Easton police searching for shooting suspect
- Updated $1M grant set to give Boyertown tourism, economic boost
- Bell Alley Pretzel saved; 'Now, I can do what I love'
- Centre County DA excoriates Penn State over frat culture
- Duck Donuts debuts in the Lehigh Valley
- 3rd snowfall in a week coats Berks, slows PM commute