MIDDLE SMITHFIELD TOWNSHIP, Pa. - A 26-year-old Bushkill woman has been jailed for starting a fire in a Monroe County apartment building.
The incident happened at 2:29 a.m. June 29 inside an apartment in the 100 block of Sports Camp Road in Middle Smithfield Township.
Firefighters had the blaze extinguished by the time state police arrived. The fire was determined to be arson.
Police report that Chiffon Sophia Bembury admitted starting the fire. She was charged with arson, reckless endangering, disorderly conduct, criminal mischief and related offenses.
Bembury was committed to Monroe County Correctional Facility, unable to post $25,000 bail.
A police report does not reveal how much damage was caused by the fire or why the woman set it.
Visitors get to interact with the animals, including rides on the workhorses.Read More »
- Man's 'suspicious' death in Frackville ruled a homicide
- Alpine Mountain Ski area sold
- Frackville police investigating man's 'suspicious' death
- 2 people killed in fiery crash on I-81 in Schuylkill County
- Man charged in Palmerton driveway paving scam
- Schuylkill man to appear in court; accused of leaving 3 young children alone, 1 in 'cage'
- Updated Lehigh Valley Zoo giraffe dies from neck injury
- Great white shark Mary Lee detected off New Jersey coast
- Catasauqua store robbed at gunpoint
- Bucks man gets life plus 15 to 30 years in friend's shooting death
- PHOTOS: Observing Memorial Day
- In opioid crisis, a new risk for police: accidental overdose
- Monroe County farm holds annual Farm Animal Frolic
- Package that led to Newark airport evacuation deemed safe
- Fire destroys barn in Lehigh Twp.
- Artvana could take the place of former Mayfair Festival