MIDDLE SMITHFIELD TOWNSHIP, Pa. - A 26-year-old Bushkill woman has been jailed for starting a fire in a Monroe County apartment building.
The incident happened at 2:29 a.m. June 29 inside an apartment in the 100 block of Sports Camp Road in Middle Smithfield Township.
Firefighters had the blaze extinguished by the time state police arrived. The fire was determined to be arson.
Police report that Chiffon Sophia Bembury admitted starting the fire. She was charged with arson, reckless endangering, disorderly conduct, criminal mischief and related offenses.
Bembury was committed to Monroe County Correctional Facility, unable to post $25,000 bail.
A police report does not reveal how much damage was caused by the fire or why the woman set it.
The National Park Service will be closing River Road in Middle Smithfield Township between park headquarters and Hialeah Picnic Area to protect migrating amphibians.Read More »
- 6 charged in connection with alleged gang slaying
- Mother charged after concealing death of baby
- Saylorsburg man faces DUI charge, child was in car
- Immigration officials detain alleged undocumented immigrants in Poconos
- PennDOT cracking down on 'Graffiti Highway' trespassing
- Police seize weapons from home of Horvath's father-in-law
- Updated Hazmat situation reported in Northampton County
- Judge rules Bill Cosby case to be decided by outside jury
- Updated Work to repair extensive storm damage in Berks continues
- Updated Warming trend starting this afternoon, but a few showers return tomorrow
- Albert Boscov remembered during memorial service
- Updated Police, coroner probing death of 18-month-old girl
- Updated Pennsylvania's 2018 US Senate race gets going with GOP entry
- Police allegedly find illegal guns after complaint about loose dog
- Berks coroner seeks next of kin for Muhlenberg man
- Gov. Christie set to unveil his final New Jersey budget