UNION TWP., Pa. - A woman shot by her husband Tuesday in a Schuylkill County bar has died from her wounds.
Police say Diane Probst, 51, of Sugarloaf, was shot by her husband Steven Probst, 62, around 8 p.m. Tuesday at the Shenandoah Fish & Game Protective Association.
According to police, Steven entered the club and shot Diane, who was at the bar, in the head.
In a press release, Pennsylvania State Police said Diane died Wednesday at Geisinger Medical Center.
The prior charges against Steven have been dropped and upgraded to criminal homicide, murder of the first degree, murder of the third degree, and other related charges.
There is no bail as a result of the upgraded charges.
After Steven allegedly shot Diane, police said he then turned the gun on himself, but it jammed, giving other patrons time to wrestle him to the ground and take the gun.
Steven is currently being held at the Schuylkill County Prison.
- Pizza delivery driver shot in East Stroudsburg dies
- State Police: Trooper fires on man after he points weapon
- Neighbors of shooting victim 'devastated' by pizza delivery incident
- Pizza delivery driver ambushed, shot; 3 charged with attempted homicide
- 3, including a 17-year-old boy, charged in pizza delivery shooting
- Community takes stand against hate speech in Monroe County
- Trio of suspicious fires have Hunterdon County authorities alarmed
- Dinardo and Kratz plead not guilty to homicide charges
- Space heater to blame for fatal Schwenksville fire
- Easton PD: Man shot multiple times on W. Wilkes Barre St.
- Community celebrates Hanukkah with latke cook-off
- State Police: Schwenksville fire caused by extension cord failure
- Tiny house sending big message
- Driver killed in Alburtis train crash identified
- Fire destroys a Leesport garage
- Shop with a Cop makes kids' Christmas brighter