HAMILTON TWP., Pa. - As a nurse at the Monroe County Correctional Facility attempted to take vital signs of a 24-year-old inmate, she was spit in the face.
Officials say Hannah Word of Gilbert, Pennsylvania spit in the face of the nurse Oct. 24 and is now facing a violation: Aggravated Harassment by Prisoner.
According to the affidavit, Word's saliva landed in the nurse's mouth.
Word was arraigned and remanded to the Monroe County Correctional Facility in lieu of $2,500 bail. Her preliminary hearing is scheduled Jan. 5, 2018.
A 41-year-old man is facing charges in relation to an armed robbery of Dollar General in Schuylkill County.Read More »
- Grab your ski gear, Blue Mountain could open early
- Stroudsburg mayor announces run for state senate
- Pair accused of stealing manhole covers, storm grate
- Schuylkill River Heritage Area adopts new name, logo
- East Stroudsburg University faces over $5M budget deficit
- One Tank Trip: Pocono Indian Museum
- Police cite wrong-way driver in messy crash on Route 222
- Updated Adam Matos gets life in prison in quadruple murder case
- Updated Volunteers give hope to Barclay Friends residents after fire
- Updated Bethlehem cops serve in a different manner
- Prosecutor aims for multiple life sentences for Daniel Clary
- Man being booked for exposing himself allegedly exposes himself
- Updated Health Beat: Mole mapper app tracks cancer
- Reading Christmas tree lighting ceremony set for Dec. 1
- 4 Lehigh Valley teachers to improve STEM education
- Legislation moved for additional police protection