TANNERSVILLE, Pa. - Women United is distributing Valentine's boxes to over 300 struggling single mothers across Monroe County Friday.
The group, affiliated with United Way of Monroe County, is a new group of women working together to make the community stronger through advocacy and philanthropy.
Members collected donated items that struggling single mothers may enjoy, but not necessarily treat themselves to because of their financial hardships.
The pampering items were assembled into individual boxes over the last two months and are being distributed to those who are clients of United Way's partner agencies.
Pro-gun church explains AR-15 marriage ceremony.Read More »
- New Jim-Thorpe one-dollar coins selling out fast
- Some Poconos students to relocate Wednesday due to blessing ceremony featuring AR-15s
- Pair charged in numerous robberies, thefts at Walmart stores
- Monroe County teenager dies from flu complications
- AR-15 rifles to accompany church's blessing ceremony
- 2 more facing charges in relation to ESU stabbing
- Parkland schools to reopen Monday after bus garage fire
- Caught on camera: Domino's workers apprehend armed robbery suspect
- Wet weekend weather continues with steady rain this morning
- Wallenpaupack School District responds to nearby church ceremony involving AR-15 rifles
- Indivisible Berks Holds Rally in Support of Unions in Preparation of Major Supreme Court Case
- Updated People pay final respects to Reverend Billy Graham
- Lower Macungie fire causes heavy damage to attached garage
- Murphy promises gun control, but for now reviews policies
- Former Reading mayor Spencer's trial delayed
- Man arrested for domestic violence assault in Fleetwood