Dick Yuengling, the brewery's owner, announced Friday that hs family-owned company is donating $50,000 to the American Red Cross.
The money will go toward helping those not only impacted by Irma, but also by Hurricane Harvey, which roared ashore in Texas a few weeks ago.
"Our hearts go out to those who have been impacted by Hurricane Irma and Hurricane Harvey's destruction," Yuengling said.
The Pottsville-based beer-brewing company is also inviting its customers, employees, and partners to join the effort by donating to the Red Cross through Yuengling's website.
"Please join us in supporting those communities that have been impacted," said Wendy Yuengling, the brewery's chief administrative officer. "This donation will help with relief efforts and continue to help in recovery efforts. Our thoughts and prayers are with everyone, including our employees, who have also been affected."
Yuengling has had a presence in Florida since 1999, when it purchased the former Stroh Brewery Company's plant in Tampa.
- Yuengling adds new beer to product portfolio
- ESU president announces new security measures for campus
- Wife who plotted husband's murder sentenced to 18-48 months
- Bullet found on floor at Panther Valley Junior Senior High
- Fmr. Lansford council president heads to Accelerated Rehabilitative Disposition
- ESU president apologizes to student stabbed on campus
- Updated UPDATED: Snowfall totals from the 69 News' viewing area
- Pennsylvania National Guard soldiers ready to help in storm
- YOUR PHOTOS: Fourth major winter storm in 3 weeks
- Berks County snow totals: How much have you seen?
- WATCH: 69 News Snow Patrol: Easton (6 p.m.)
- WATCH: 69 News Snow Patrol: Bucks County (6 p.m.)
- WATCH: 69 News Snow Patrol: Montgomery County (6 p.m.)
- WATCH: 69 News Snow Patrol (Lehigh County 6 p.m.)
- WATCH: Evening traffic commute
- WATCH: 69 News Snow Patrol: Berks County (5:30 p.m.)