Republicans in Montgomery County have chosen a new leader for the party in their county.
Members of the county GOP committee have appointed State Representative Mike Vereb to be the new chairman.
Vereb will replace Robert Kerns, who was arrested last week on rape charges.
Police say Kerns drugged a female employee from his former law firm and raped her.
He resigned as chairman last month.
Vereb is in his fourth term in Harrisburg and he holds a leadership post in the State House Republican caucus.
- Updated Crash closes Rt. 662 in Ruscombmanor Twp.; 3 injured
- Parents, board speak out about violence in ASD
- Fire destroys mobile home in Lower Mt. Bethel
- Updated Bill Clinton to return to Berks in support of wife's campaign
- Jury awards ex-Penn St. assistant coach over $7M
- Updated Missing Bucks Co. man found safe
- Updated Bushkill home damaged by fire
- Life Lessons: Wait, don't throw that away
- Dry, but breezy today with some sunshine
- Beer distributors celebrate pending legislation