The head of the Republican party in Montgomery County has resigned amid sexual assault allegations.
The Montgomery County GOP released a statement Thursday saying Robert Kerns resigned.
Multiple sources tell our partner station WPVI the resignation has to do with a sexual assault allegation against Kerns.
A source tells 69 News it may have happened in King of Prussia.
According to the Montgomery County GOP's website, Kerns is married with three children.
The Montgomery County Republican Committee says it will follow its bylaws to select a new party chair.
- D-11 SOCCER: Palisades, Salisbury and CCHS among early winners
- Exeter sweeps Berks Catholic en route to BCIAA crown
- D-3 SOCCER: Wilson boy's thriller highlights early round action
- Lafayette looks to end skid vs. Georgetown
- Nazareth's Scherr wins PIAA Golf Championship
- Updated Troopers responding to domestic dispute find woman's body
- Updated New York man allegedly tells police powdery substance was soap, not cocaine
- Updated Former Christie aide returns to stand to face prosecutor
- Updated Pennsylvania lawmakers rush to wrap up final session votes
- Out-of-county jury for Pennsylvania barracks shootings trial