TRENTON, N.J. - Gov. Chris Christie's remains popular with New Jersey voters.
A Fairleigh Dickinson PublicMind poll finds 66 percent of registered voters surveyed think Christie is doing a good job, while 20 percent disapprove of his performance.
The governor's support covers the political spectrum: 83 percent of Republicans give Christie high marks, as do 55 percent of Democrats and 61 percent of independents.
The poll also shows the Republican holds a 36-percentage-point-lead over state Sen. Barbara Buono, his likely Democratic opponent.
The telephone survey of 702 registered voters was conducted from March 4-10 and has a margin of error of plus or minus 3.7 percentage points.
- Updated Crash closes Rt. 662 in Ruscombmanor Twp.; 3 injured
- Parents, board speak out about violence in ASD
- Fire destroys mobile home in Lower Mt. Bethel
- Updated Bill Clinton to return to Berks in support of wife's campaign
- Jury awards ex-Penn St. assistant coach over $7M
- Updated Missing Bucks Co. man found safe
- Updated Bushkill home damaged by fire
- Life Lessons: Wait, don't throw that away
- Dry, but breezy today with some sunshine
- Beer distributors celebrate pending legislation