A United States lawmaker who represents Berks County and the Lehigh Valley was honored Wednesday for his support of scientific research.
U.S. Rep. Charlie Dent, a Republican, was given the champion of science award by The Science Coalition at Penn State Lehigh Valley.
The coalition said Dent has shown a commitment to funding research that contributes to scientific and medical discoveries.
The award recognizes members of Congress whose actions benefit research conducted at universities and labs across the country.
- Updated VP hopeful Tim Kaine campaigns in Bucks, Lehigh counties
- Former caregiver charged with homicide in man's death
- 2 found dead in Blairstown incident
- New 69 News, Salvation Army collect 427 coats
- New 'Autism Eats' ensures every family enjoys a meal out
- New Colonial Regional PD to receive body cameras
- Updated Foreign journalists weigh in on state of election
- Montgomery County extends hours to receive absentee ballots
- Local chocolatier named tops in North America
- Macungie woman reunited with class ring decades later