Republican leaders in Berks and Lehigh counties have selected a candidate to run for a vacant state House seat.
Thursday night they nominated Ryan Mackenzie to run in a special election in the 134th district.
Earlier this week Patrick Slattery of Lower Macungie Township received the Democratic nomination.
The special election will be held on April 24, the same day as the Pennsylvania primary.
Republican Doug Reichley gave up the seat to become a judge.
- FBI reviewing new emails in Clinton probe
- 3 injured in Rt. 662 head-on collision
- Man accused of trying to rundown assistant police chief accepts plea deal
- Suspect in 2014 Wilson Borough shooting accepts guilty plea
- Police investigating shooting in Reading
- Allentown police charge 2 more in connection with fight near Dieruff High School
- Updated Dump truck rolls over, crushes driver
- Mainly dry, but breezy today with some sunshine
- Arts Around Town: High sea adventure at Muhlenberg with 'Pirates of Penzance'
- Sunrise Chef: Rising Sun Inn