ALLENTOWN, Pa. - Three days after the election, officials in Lehigh County are still sifting through the ballots in the race for a state House seat but it looks like a winner has been decided.
With 99 provisional, military and emergency service ballots still outstanding, Republican Justin Simmons has taken a lead of 431 votes.
Simmons is defending his 131st District seat against challenger Kevin Deely.
Officials said they're still counting through some provisional and absentee ballots, and the final numbers won't be in until next Wednesday.
- Updated Man accused of Lehigh Valley killing spree pleads guilty
- Updated RNC chief rallies Republicans in Berks
- Montgomery County 911 callers may get busy signal
- Updated Leaked emails raise more questions about Clinton dealings
- Race for Congress: Hartman vs. Smucker
- Stroudsburg man arrested after police seize more than 4,000 bags of heroin
- Search warrant turns up cocaine, cash and stolen handgun
- Vehicle registration fees in Berks to go up $5 in 2017
- Phillipsburg duo charged with distributing drugs
- Updated Berks business leader to develop historic building in Reading