News

Reading firefighters teach fire safety

Firefighters fired up over demonstration

READING, Pa. - The Reading Fire Department put on quite a show Tuesday night.

City firefighters simulated a house fire in the 1800 block of Olive Street.

It's all part of Fire Prevention Week.

Officials say this year's campaign focuses on preventing the top causes of house fires.

Those causes include cooking, heating and malfunctioning electrical equipment.


DISCLAIMER FOR COMMENTS: The views expressed by public comments are not those of this company or its affiliated companies. Please note by clicking on "Post" you acknowledge that you have read the TERMS OF USE  and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Your comments may be used on air. Be polite. Inappropriate posts or posts containing offsite links may be removed by the moderator.

Allentown, PA 18102

45°F

Clear

TONIGHT

29°F

  • %

This Week's Circulars

Top Stories

Latest from the newsroom

More from the Newsroom