WHEELING, W.V. - Less than 72 hours after the assault and death of a Bucks County man, police in West Virginia say they've arrested two men for murder.
Officials said 21-year-old Kevin Figaniak of Perkasie and a friend were beaten near Wheeling Jesuit University around 1:45 a.m. Saturday, police said.
Officials say Figaniak suffered severe head trauma and died on Sunday.
Wheeling Police say 22-year-old Craig Peacock of Clewiston, Fla., and 24-year-old Jarrett Chandler of Winnfield, La., were arrested Tuesday around 12:15 a.m.
They were taken into custody in a campsite area frequented by workers in the oil and gas industry, police said.
They are both being held at the Northern Regional Jail in Wheeling on $1 million bail.
Police said the investigation continues, and additional charges may be forthcoming.
"Throughout my coaching career I have had standout young men who had both the passion for the game and learning the lessons it had to teach," said Tom Wyatt, Figaniak's lacrosse coach. "Kevin was one such young man.
"Over the span of four years you develop a bond with your athletes, and mine will never be broken with Kevin because he lives in my and his teammate's hearts forever. My heart goes out to his mother and father and family."
Services for Figaniak are set for 10 a.m. Saturday at Our Lady of Sacred Heart Catholic Church, Route 152 & Broad Street in Hilltown.
Family and friends may call from 8 - 9:45 a.m. Saturday.
In lieu of flowers, the family asks that contributions be made to:
Kevin Figaniak Memorial Fund, Wheeling Jesuit University, Attn. Noah Mull, Advancement, 316 Washington Ave., Wheeling, WV 26003, or to the Last Chance Ranch, 9 Beck Road, Quakertown, PA 18951.
Pete Rose is on the ballot for the Philadelphia Phillies' wall of fame, his first association with the team since he was banned from baseball in 1989.Read More »
- Philly mayor: $5.7M beverage tax haul doubles projections
- Sunoco building 2 pipelines, not just 1 across Pennsylvania
- Authorities identify 2 victims of Atlantic City stabbing
- At least 1 killed in Upper Providence crash
- New Jersey animal control officer arrested for sexual assault of minor
- Montco to conduct DUI checkpoint, roving patrols in early March
- Conspiracy charge added against Penn State ex-administrators
- Candidate for Allentown mayor advised not to run
- Restoration of Penn Street Bridge in Reading well underway
- DOE rolls back transgender bathroom protections
- Easton 20-year plan envisioned
- Taxpayers' cost for Chris Christie security detail tops $2M
- Dunkin' Donuts helping to 'roast' hunger in Berks
- Building community by building birdhouses
- Transgender bathroom issue hits home in Berks
- Health Beat: Fixing frozen shoulder syndrome