PHILADELPHIA - Police have made a second arrest in connection with the shooting of two students at a charter school in Philadelphia on Friday.
Donte Walker, 18, is facing several charges in connection with the incident.
Over the weekend, investigators reviewed additional video that shows an apparent sale of a handgun for cash just before the shooting around 3:30 p.m. inside the Delaware Valley Charter School, 5201 Old York Rd., in the Logan section of north Philadelphia.
The man who handed off the handgun in the video was identified as Walker, who was a former student at the school. Officials said he graduated in 2013.
After an exchange between Walker and an unidentified male, the handgun was handed to Raisheem Rochwell, who was arrested Saturday.
According to police, Walker allegedly concealed the handgun when he entered the school. Since he wasn't a student, he was considered a 'guest' and didn't have to pass the metal detectors.
Rochwell received the gun in the gym area and was reportedly going to be the target of an assault after school and may have requested the gun for that reason, police said.
Walker was charged with violation of uniform firearms act, conspiracy and related charges.
Rochwell, 17, was charged as an adult with aggravated assault, violation of uniform firearms act, recklessly endangering another person, weapon on school property and related offenses. He is being held on $500,000 bail.
Pennsylvania's highest court is limiting the power of prosecutors to seize people's property through civil actions.Read More »
- Warrants issued for man in attack on person with cerebral palsy
- Man arrested in hit-and-run crash with school bus
- New app aims to save lives in Montgomery County
- 2 counselors overdose and die at Chester Co. halfway house
- Jury of 12 on Bill Cosby sex assault case includes 2 blacks
- Cosby arrives for Day 3 of jury selection
- 15 years has gone by fast for Freddy Awards
- Pennsylvania mushroom farms face labor shortage
- Despite terrible injury, NCC graduate never gave up
- Frackville police investigating man's 'suspicious' death
- Boyertown looks to enhance privacy in restrooms, locker rooms
- Discover Lehigh Valley President addresses LVPC
- Allentown School Board considers tax hike to balance budget
- Umpire remembers Preston Rowe as 'outstanding young man'
- Berks County lawmakers explain Real ID law
- Allentown EMS crews honored