PHILADELPHIA - Authorities in Philadelphia have identified a second suspect in the death of a 3-year-old girl who was killed by a stray bullet.
Police said Monday afternoon they've issued a warrant for Brandon Ruffin. They said he fired several shots during a dispute with another man Friday night.
The gunfire fatally struck Tynirah Borum as she was having her hair braided on the porch of a house. Three other victims, including the target, were also hit and remain hospitalized.
Ruffin, 22, was riding on the handlebars of a bike pedaled by Douglas Woods when they got into an argument with another man, police said.
Ruffin fired several shots before fleeing with Woods, officials said. Woods was later captured by police and charged with murder and related offenses.
Anyone with information about Ruffin's whereabouts is asked to contact Philadelphia police at 215-686-3334/35, or dial 911. A $20,000 reward is being offered for a tip that leads to his arrest and conviction.
Pennsylvania's highest court is limiting the power of prosecutors to seize people's property through civil actions.Read More »
- Warrants issued for man in attack on person with cerebral palsy
- Man arrested in hit-and-run crash with school bus
- New app aims to save lives in Montgomery County
- 2 counselors overdose and die at Chester Co. halfway house
- Jury of 12 on Bill Cosby sex assault case includes 2 blacks
- Cosby arrives for Day 3 of jury selection
- Updated Fatal wreck closes portion of Cherryville Road in Allen Twp.
- 15 years has gone by fast for Freddy Awards
- Despite terrible injury, NCC graduate never gave up
- Pennsylvania mushroom farms face labor shortage
- Berks County lawmakers explain Real ID law
- Boyertown looks to enhance privacy in restrooms, locker rooms
- Frackville police investigating man's 'suspicious' death
- Life Lessons: Dining with strangers
- Trump attends G-7 summit: What to watch
- Passing showers but more seasonable today