PHILADELPHIA - Authorities in Philadelphia have identified a second suspect in the death of a 3-year-old girl who was killed by a stray bullet.
Police said Monday afternoon they've issued a warrant for Brandon Ruffin. They said he fired several shots during a dispute with another man Friday night.
The gunfire fatally struck Tynirah Borum as she was having her hair braided on the porch of a house. Three other victims, including the target, were also hit and remain hospitalized.
Ruffin, 22, was riding on the handlebars of a bike pedaled by Douglas Woods when they got into an argument with another man, police said.
Ruffin fired several shots before fleeing with Woods, officials said. Woods was later captured by police and charged with murder and related offenses.
Anyone with information about Ruffin's whereabouts is asked to contact Philadelphia police at 215-686-3334/35, or dial 911. A $20,000 reward is being offered for a tip that leads to his arrest and conviction.
Philadelphia Mayor Jim Kenney says the city's sweetened-beverage tax raised $5.7 million in January, more than double what city officials had projected.Read More »
- Sunoco building 2 pipelines, not just 1 across Pennsylvania
- Authorities identify 2 victims of Atlantic City stabbing
- At least 1 killed in Upper Providence crash
- New Jersey animal control officer arrested for sexual assault of minor
- Montco to conduct DUI checkpoint, roving patrols in early March
- Bucks man ID'd as victim of stabbing in Atlantic City
- Updated Sunoco building 2 pipelines, not just 1 across Pennsylvania
- Man accused of stabbing wife, daughter-in-law in Allentown
- Updated Record-challenging warmth today; close to records Friday
- Updated Coroner called to crash on Interstate 176 in Caernarvon
- Chicago to rock Musikfest this summer
- Updated Philly mayor: $5.7M beverage tax haul doubles projections
- Saylorsburg man faces DUI charge, child was in car
- Life Lessons: Raising a tech entrepreneur
- Easton adopts 20-year comprehensive plan
- Lehigh County supports anti-gerrymandering bill