NORTH COVENTRY TWP., Pa. - Three vehicles were involved in a crash on Route 724 in Chester County on Monday.
The accident happened around 10:30 a.m. between Catfish Lane and Sheep Hill Road in North Coventry Township.
Police said one of the drivers involved swerved off the road to avoid traffic that had stopped in front of him for an over-sized load in the other lane.
The vehicle hit a downed tree, two other vehicles and a utility pole.
The driver of that car was taken to Reading Hospital. The extent of his injuries is not known.
No other injuries were reported.
Police cited the 24-year-old driver for driving at an unsafe speed.
Route 724 was closed for about an hour while officials investigated.
- Missing man with dementia found safe
- Pa. Turnpike lanes reopened between Lansdale, Quakertown
- Crash closes Pa. Turnpike northbound between Lansdale, Quakertown
- GOP leaders to seek halt to Pennsylvania congressional map
- Proposed bill allows courts to seize guns from people deemed a threat
- Second Harvest Food Bank receives $36K donation
- Superintendent: 16 Parkland school buses destroyed, 14 damaged in fire
- Federal judges to hear Pennsylvania district map challenge
- PHOTOS: Fire destroys Parkland school buses
- Check in with Eve Russo and baby Maeve
- Life Lessons: Budgeting on a roller coaster income
- Man shot in the arm outside Allentown nightclub
- William Allen student arrested, charged with making threats
- Planners updated on Five City Center, Lafayette College projects
- Hearing on fracking draws dozens, many opposed
- Tractor-trailer wreck closes I-78 for hours Thursday night