PHILADELPHIA - Philadelphia police have arrested a man they say allegedly shot and killed a three year-old girl Friday night.
Police said Sunday that the Homicide Unit arrested and charged 22 year-old Douglas Woods of Ellsworth Street in Philadelphia.
Police said Woods is charged with Murder, three counts of Attempted Murder, Aggravated Assault, Violation of Uniform Firearms Act, and related offenses.
Police have identified the girl as Tynirah Borum from the 1600 block of Christian Street.
Borum was shot in the chest after being caught in crossfire in the 1500 block of Etting Street at around 9:40 p.m Friday.
She was transported from the scene to the Children's Hospital of Philadelphia where was pronounced dead less than an hour after the shooting.
Police said two men were fighting when one fired three shots at the other.
That targeted victim was a 24 year-old male. He was shot in the head and transported to the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania in critical condition.
Stray bullets hit two others besides Borum.
A 28 year-old female was shot in the left arm and a 21 year-old male was shot in the right leg as well, according to police. They were both also transported to the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania in stable condition.
Police said the shooting remains under investigation.
- 1808 farmhouse sales raise money for hospital
- Philadelphia cops raid pot-smoking party, arresting 22
- Man working on NFL draft stage injured after fall
- Police search for suspect in Chester County bank robbery
- FBI nabs suspected 'Straw Hat Bandit,' serial bank robber
- Pottstown man found dead in park hours after house fire
- Updated Northampton DA to announce findings in baby's 2016 death at day care
- Standing-room-only crowd wants Troxell to be next Phillipsburg School District superintendent
- Berks executive convicted of stealing from company to be sentenced
- Updated NASCAR star Dale Earnhardt Jr. to retire at end of season
- 5K aims to promote importance of flexibility
- Four visits by Easton police equal one arrest
- Life Lessons: Grandparents get geeky
- Updated Commission set to vote on New Jersey statehouse renovations
- Periods of rain or drizzle today; spotty rain or drizzle continues through early tomorrow
- Reading City Council awards towing contract