UPPER MERION TWP., Pa. - The reward being offered for information leading to the safe return of Saanvi Venna has increased to $50,000, officials announced Thursday.
The 10-month-old girl was abducted between 8 a.m. and 1 p.m. Monday from her apartment in King of Prussia, officials said. The girl's grandmother, Satyavathi Venna, was found murdered inside the apartment. She died of incised wounds of the neck and chest, the coroner said Thursday.
Authorities have searched a wooded area near the apartment complex, but police have not said if anything was found or if there are any suspects.
The girl's father, Venkata Konda Siva Venna, and mother, Chenchu Latha Punuru, immigrated to the U.S. from India in February 2007 and moved to the apartment in June, police said. The grandmother arrived in July from Indian and was scheduled to return home in January.
The Citizens Crime Commission and an Indian organization called the Telugu Association of North America are offering the $50,000 reward. The anonymous tip line to call with information is 215-546-TIPS.
Bill Cosby's lawyers accused Pennsylvania prosecutors of trying to "systematically" keep blacks off the jury Tuesday after prosecutors used their strikes to keep two black women off the panel.Read More »
- Manchester Arena managed by suburban Philadelphia firm
- Jury selection enters 2nd day in Bill Cosby sex assault case
- 5 jurors picked for Cosby trial, 2 know a sex assault victim
- 3 white men, 2 white women seated for Cosby jury
- 2 white men, white woman selected for Cosby jury
- DA: Man mocks, assaults person with cerebral palsy
- APD looking for woman who yelled "sorry" after dragging boy on bike behind car
- The "Textalyzer" could be coming to a police station near you
- XO Communications cutting more than 50 jobs in Berks
- 11 people seated on Cosby jury; defense sees race bias
- Northampton DA investigates trooper-involved shooting
- Fidget Spinners causing controversy in schools
- Giraffe arrives at Lehigh Valley Zoo
- BCAP holds open house at new location in downtown Reading
- Report: MGM/Sands sale falls through
- Leesport VFW honors young soldier home from service