QUAKERTOWN, Pa. - Police are investigating an abduction attempt in Bucks County Friday morning.
Police were called to the unit block of Elm Street in Quakertown just before 7 a.m.
The 7-year-old boy said he went outside his house to ride his bicycle when a man jumped out from behind a bush and ran toward him, according to a police Facebook post.
The child told police the man said "Hi little boy" and tried to grab him.
The boy ran toward Neidig Elementary School where his mother found him later, police said.
The suspect is described as a 20-30 year old black man with a thin build, buzz cut and raspy voice. The child described him as wearing a black pullover sweatshirt, black jeans and blue sneakers.
Anyone with information should contact Quakertown Borough police at 215-536-5002, or after hours at 215-795-2931.
Spreading like wildfire, ripping through Pennsylvania, killing kids: It's a nasty picture that Chester County District Attorney Tom Hogan painted, describing heroin and opioids.Read More »
- Quakertown triangle lot revitalization project stalls
- Trial date set for California suit against Cosby
- Cosby venue could move to California in sex abuse lawsuit
- Community mourns boy killed in fire
- 9-year-old killed in early morning Chester County fire
- 1 person dead after early morning fire in Chester County
- Updated Emergency road work restricts traffic at Routes 222, 662
- Updated Pennsylvania budget work likely to drag into new fiscal year
- Updated Coroner: Cause of death undetermined for missing woman
- Mostly sunny and very nice this afternoon
- Carbon County toddler found in relative's pond has died
- The season kicks off at Valley Preferred Cycling Center
- Police investigating shots fired in Easton
- Life Lessons: Wisdom Wednesday: Our relationship with food
- Tobyhanna man accused of raping woman at gunpoint
- Easton residents to weigh in on promotional taglines