CALN TWP., Pa. - A 56-year-old woman is facing charges after police said her 7-year-old grandson took her heroin to school.
Police were called to the Caln Elementary School at 3609 Lincoln Highway in Thorndale, Chester County, on Friday , after police found several packets of heroin in the boy's first grade class.
Pauline Bilinski-Munion told police she 'lost track' of the heroin at her house in the unit block of Woodland Avenue in Modena while she was babysitting the boy and a one-year-old baby on Thursday, according to court documents.
A teacher at Caln Elementary heard that one of the students had drugs, and teachers spoke with the 7-year-old boy and found nine bags of heroin in his pants pocket, officials said.
The heroin was stamped 'Victoria Secret.' The child initially claimed he found the drugs in the school yard, but later admitted he brought the drugs from home, police said.
The mother of another child at the school found her child with a bag of the heroin, and she told police that her child got the drugs from the boy.
"Heroin in an elementary school is a nightmare. Any exposure to heroin for a young child is likely to result in death. The defendant is lucky that she was not responsible for the death of her own grandson or somebody else's child," said Chester County District Attorney Tom Hogan.
Bilinski-Munion was arrested and charged with endangering the welfare of children and drug offenses. She was committed to the Chester County Prison on $25,000 bail.
Jurors at Bill Cosby's sex assault trial in Pennsylvania will hear his explosive deposition testimony about quaaludes but not his references to the supposed aphrodisiac Spanish fly.Read More »
- NFL Draft experience is a hit in Philadelphia
- Quakertown CSD OKs proposed final budget
- Grieving father urges parents to get gun lock after tragedy
- Pottstown police going door to door in borough
- NFL Draft kicks off in Philadelphia
- Cosby, daughter, lawyer speak out as sex assault trial looms
- Updated PSP troopers injured in struggle with bar patron
- Updated Police: Argument leads to man being intentionally struck by vehicle
- Woman dies after being attacked by her dog in Upper Macungie
- Updated New report shows percent drop in overall crime in New Jersey
- Updated Police activity prompts 'secure in place' measure at Pleasant Valley School District
- Updated Judge: Cosby jury can hear about quaaludes, not Spanish fly
- Warm again today with some sunshine
- Sunrise Chef: Sagra Bistro in Hellertown
- Police allege DUI suspect four times over the limit
- WFMZ says goodbye to Rosa Duarte