UPPER DARBY TWP., Pa. - Two children who were taken from their home in Delaware County after the murder of their mother have been found safe in a pharmacy in New York City.
Robert and Christopher Belajonas were abducted by their father, Keith Belajonas, from the 200 block of Abbey Terrace in Drexel Hill around 3 a.m., police said.
Neighbors said they heard a loud argument and then a shot, and officers said they found a woman in her 30s dead with gunshot wound and possible stabbing injuries.
Superintendent Michael Chitwood told reporters that one of the children was heard to ask "Is Mommy dead?"
Officials issued an Amber Alert for the two children and their father around 4:30 a.m.
New York City police Lt. Thomas Antonetti said the "individual in the Amber Alert" dropped the children at a CVS on Staten Island around 6 a.m. Thursday and left. He said the children were taken to a hospital to be checked but they "are OK," he said.
The dropoff happened after police said Belajonas, 32, robbed a 7-Eleven on Staten Island with the boys still in the car early Thursday.
A short time later, police found Keith Belajonas' vehicle at another location on Staten Island. They found Belajonas inside, dead of a self-inflicted gunshot wound.
- Woman assaulted, robbed and bound in closet for 4 days
- Support hotline created in Bucks County for first responders
- Bill Cosby case to stay in Montco, be decided by outside jury
- Trial date changed for woman accused of shooting, killing ex-husband
- Judge rules Bill Cosby case to be decided by outside jury
- Judge: Only one Cosby accuser can testify at sex assault trial
- Allentown hit-and-run victim dies week after incident
- Time to get your fill of fastnachts
- Updated Nearly record warmth today and tomorrow with a few showers
- Road Blocks - Stopping drug trafficking in Reading
- Updated It's Fastnacht Day in Pennsylvania
- Updated Allentown police arrest unwelcome guest outside apartment building
- Man allegedly tries to head-butt arresting officers, damages patrol car
- Man tells police he stole mom's money as she slept
- Allentown man charged in connection with robbery and shooting
- Police: Nurse recorded videos of naked patients