ATLANTIC CITY, N.J. - Authorities have released the names of the victims in a double stabbing in Atlantic City that left a city woman dead and a Pennsylvania man injured.
Atlantic County prosecutors say they were found shortly before 8 p.m. Saturday when police responded to a 911 call at a North Harrisburg Avenue home. They say 54-year-old Bessy Blanco was pronounced dead at the scene, while 52-year-old Mark Richart, of Quakertown, was found on a nearby roadway.
Richart was hospitalized after the attack, but it wasn't clear what his status was Tuesday.
Prosecutors announced Monday that Jose Lopez has been charged with murder, attempted murder and a weapons count. The 51-year-old Ventnor man was arrested Sunday morning after a Galloway Township police officer spotted him driving a vehicle that belongs to Richart.
The over 2,000 pound bison, named Tatonka or "Tonk", was a member of the Elmwood Park Zoo. Park officials say he was suffering from osteoarthritis.Read More »
- Police arrest Pottstown hotel robbery suspect
- Remains of 2 residents found after West Chester senior center fire
- Police: Pottstown hotel robbed at gunpoint
- Auditor: DNC convention bonuses didn't violate grant terms
- Upper Merion officers cleared in shooting of alleged serial robber
- A tale of two mayors and a police station in East Greenville
- The season of giving kicks off at one Whitehall home
- Black Friday shoppers rush Target for door buster deals
- Woman shot in Schuylkill County club dies from wounds
- Italian guests celebrate Thanksgiving in Bethlehem
- Retail stores fight the rise of online shopping
- From Turkey to the toy store
- Atypical Thanksgiving traditions abound in the Lehigh Valley
- Camping and dancing for deals in Whitehall
- Person wounded by gunfire in northwest Reading
- Health Beat: Isolated limb infusion saves mom, baby