U. HANOVER TWP., Pa. - Authorities have identified the motorcyclist who died Monday night in a crash along Route 663 in Montgomery County.
Pennsylvania State Police with the Skippack barracks said 26-year-old Curtis Barrett, of Quakertown, was killed when he crashed his Yamaha motorcycle in the 1200 block of Route 663 in Upper Hanover Township.
The wreck occurred about 8:30 p.m. near the Shady Nook Café. State police said Barrett was driving south along Route 663 in the left lane and moved into the right lane.
Investigators said Barrett lost control of his motorcycle on a curve on the road. The motorcycle hit a curb, and Barrett was thrown from the motorcycle.
Police said Barrett died from the injuries sustained in the crash.
State police were assisted by the Upper Perk Police Department, Upper Perkiomen Ambulance, the Pennsburg Fire Co. and Pennsburg Fire Police.
A Bucks County mother faces charges after her baby allegedly died from drug-tainted breast milk.Read More »
- Congressman Fitzpatrick criticizes Russian interference in election
- Taylor Swift becomes the 'third wheel' in marriage proposal
- Racing on the streets of Pottstown
- Police investigating afternoon armed robbery in Sellersville
- Blobfest held in Chester County
- Berks native Taylor Swift returns to perform in home state
- Updated Showers and strong thunderstorms develop today
- For Sale: Easton island on the market
- Penn Forest hearing focuses on noise level
- Rendell sees Dems' blue wave faltering
- Life Lessons:Breast cancer affects sleep
- Easton police investigating shots fired report
- Congressman, political analyst criticize president for siding with Putin
- Emmaus approves craft beverage restaurant application
- Resident critical of Muhlenberg Twp. board
- Union shows support at Twin Valley meeting