FEASTERVILLE, Pa. - A bear that was seen roaming around Bucks County for several days has been captured.
The Pennsylvania Game Commission safely caught the bear Monday night in Feasterville.
The male bear, which officials believe is about 2 years old, had been sleeping in a tree and wouldn't come down when they shot him with a tranquilizer.
Officials first tried tranquilizing him Sunday, but it didn't work.
They plan to release him back into the wild.
Bonuses paid out by organizers of last year's Democratic National Convention in Philadelphia didn't violate terms of a $10 million state grant, so they don't have to be repaid, according to a Pennsylvania government audit.Read More »
- Upper Merion officers cleared in shooting of alleged serial robber
- A tale of two mayors and a police station in East Greenville
- Neighbors near destroyed senior home marvel at heroism
- Reading ATF agents helping at inferno scene in West Chester
- Pottstown man arrested in road rage shooting on Route 100
- 132 residents in Chester County senior facility as fire began
- Updated Kutztown man charged with murder in fatal shooting of woman
- Local chemical company moving to downtown Allentown
- LCTI deemed safe after bomb threat
- Updated 1985 fire at YMCA: 'It would be nice to hear some remorse'
- Updated Allentown shooter sentenced up to 12 years in prison
- Updated Positive Parenting - The identity project
- Updated Annual food drive brings in 1,000+ turkeys for those in need
- Updated Parking restrictions for Easton-Phillipsburg rival game
- Man accused of biting, strangling girlfriend
- Auditor: DNC convention bonuses didn't violate grant terms