PHILADELPHIA - A popular reenactor who portrayed Benjamin Franklin in Philadelphia for more than 40 years has died.
The Alleva Funeral Home in Paoli, Chester County, confirmed Ralph Archbold died March 25 but said it can't disclose the cause of his death. He had turned 75 on January 17, a birthday he shared with Franklin.
Archbold was a frequent fixture in the city's historic area and took his homage to Franklin to events around the world.
He and Linda Wilde, who portrayed Betsy Ross, married in costume at Independence Hall on July 3, 2008. A family statement lists two sons, two daughters and a stepdaughter among his other survivors.
A funeral home spokesman said the services held for Archbold were private.
Officials said one person died in a fire in East Coventry Township, Chester County Sunday morning.Read More »
- Bill Cosby juror speaks: 'We had no real new evidence'
- Quakertown School Board approves 2017-18 insurance renewal; announces special meeting
- Bill Cosby spokesman says town halls are planned
- Juror says Cosby trial panel almost evenly split
- Judge approves release of Cosby juror names
- Bill Cosby judge to rule on whether to release juror names
- Updated 1 person dead after early morning fire in Chester County
- Updated DA: Upper Saucon standoff ends; suspects die in apparent murder-suicide
- Mostly sunny, seasonable today with low humidity; a brief shower in spots
- New mountain slide opens at Camelback
- 1 person killed in ATV crash in South Manheim Twp.
- Man killed when car hits tree in Summit Hill
- Elderly woman dies weeks after crash in Allentown
- Rodale Institute offers fresh, organic produce with farm share program
- Man pleads in burglary that left 1 suspect with severed hand
- Local organ recipient shares her story