BENSALEM, Pa. - After escaping prison, attempting to stab a police officer and stealing a police vehicle, a Bensalem man has been apprehended and charged with attempted murder of a police officer.
According to police, Matthew Miller, 23, tried to stab Bensalem officer Michael Jachimski in the stomach during a "roadside encounter" on Woodhaven Road between Bristol Pike and Millbrook Road.
Jachimski did not sustain any injuries as Miller's knife did not penetrate his vest.
Jachimski had been attempting to arrest Miller for escaping from the Bucks County Correctional Facility.
Miller then stole Jachimski's car, later leaving it in the area of Knights Road and Fairdale Drive.
Nearby, in the area of Chalfont Playground, Miller was finally arrested. The knife he used was found with assistance from K-9s.
He is facing attempted murder of a police officer and related charges.
Miller was sent back to Bucks County Correctional Facility after failing to post $5 million bail.
A judge will let only one other accuser testify at Bill Cosby's sexual assault trial to support charges the comedian drugged and molested a woman at his estate near Philadelphia.Read More »
- Too few flushes get legislative candidate thrown off ballot
- Pete Rose appears on Phillies' wall of fame ballot
- Philly mayor: $5.7M beverage tax haul doubles projections
- Sunoco building 2 pipelines, not just 1 across Pennsylvania
- Authorities identify 2 victims of Atlantic City stabbing
- At least 1 killed in Upper Providence crash
- Updated Albert Boscov remembered during memorial service
- Pink slips may await some Pennsylvania public universities
- Cell phone store robbed at gunpoint
- Boscov: An American Story
- Strong storms, winds leave damage across the region
- Cold and calm overnight under mainly clear skies
- Lehigh Valley Heart Ball raises money for American Heart Association
- PHOTOS: Strong storms, winds leave damage across the region
- 'Light the Way' celebration recognizes trailblazers in the community
- N.J. Rep. Leonard Lance holds second town hall meeting