PHILADELPHIA, Pa. - From sea to shining sea and everywhere in between Americans are pausing Friday to give thanks for our nation's independence.
Vice President Joe Biden spent the Fourth in Philadelphia.
He took part in the "Celebration of Freedom" ceremony at Independence Hall.
The event featured music, speeches, and a reading of the Declaration of Independence.
Speakers also recognized the fiftieth anniversary of the Civil Rights Act.
Now has interim police chief and a cruiser.Read More »
- Pa. court tightens rules for seizing properties tied to crime
- Warrants issued for man in attack on person with cerebral palsy
- Man arrested in hit-and-run crash with school bus
- New app aims to save lives in Montgomery County
- 2 counselors overdose and die at Chester Co. halfway house
- Jury of 12 on Bill Cosby sex assault case includes 2 blacks
- Sunday mainly dry, but showers overnight
- Monroe County farm holds annual Farm Animal Frolic
- Package that led to Newark airport evacuation deemed safe
- Fire destroys barn in Lehigh Twp.
- Updated Artvana could take the place of former Mayfair Festival
- Coroner identifies man found dead in Schuylkill River
- Memorial honors Lehigh Valley veteran
- Former Phillies pitcher Jim Bunning Passes Away at 85
- Gregg Allman of the Allman Brothers Band Dies at Age 69
- Holiday travelers will encounter rising prices at the pump