NORRISTOWN, Pa. - Bill Cosby's primary accuser took the stand at his trial Tuesday and gave her version of what happened inside Cosby's Montgomery County home more than a decade ago.
Andrea Constand, 44, said she viewed the Cosby as her mentor and someone she trusted.
Constand said Tuesday that she met the comedian while working for the women's basketball team at his alma mater, Temple University. She says they were friends for about 16 months before he sexually assaulted her.
She says they became friends over conversations about the basketball team and later her career.
Constand says she fended off mild advances from Cosby before the night he gave her pills that he said were natural and would "take the edge off." She says she then felt paralyzed and helpless as Cosby groped her.
The TV star once dubbed America's Dad could get 10 years in prison if convicted of sexually assaulting Constand. He has previously called the encounter consensual.
Constand had never spoken publicly about the TV star under the terms of a confidential settlement they negotiated in 2006. Her deposition from that lawsuit remains sealed.
Top law enforcement officials in Pennsylvania are coming together to combat the heroin and opioid crisis. District attorneys announced a new task force in Philadelphia Thursday.Read More »
- DelVal freshman works to save Otterhound dog breed
- Southampton teen gets 2-5 years for robbing fast-food joint
- Man facing charges after allegedly stealing cyanide to kill lawn rodents
- GOP field for lieutenant governor gets new face; 2 drop out
- 'LOVE' returns: Philadelphia park gets its sculpture back
- Philadelphia throwing parade as it gets its 'LOVE' back
- Snow gradually comes to an end late Saturday night
- Multiple-rollover crash shuts down I-78 West in Berks County
- Crews prep for weekend wintry weather
- Military plane conducting flight exercise cause of loud noises heard in Lehigh Valley
- Presidential historian Tim Blessing discusses President's Day
- Bethlehem's Friends of Music introduces Outstanding Young Artist Competition
- CDC says flu season may be leveling off
- History's Headlines: This old house finds a new life
- Harrisburg food pantry dishes out Gov. Wolf's Super Bowl winnings
- Glass building at Apple headquarters causing headaches for employees