HORSHAM TWP., Pa. - There's a bun in the oven for a Montgomery County-based company: a new bakery is on the way in Upper Macungie Twp., Lehigh Co.
A national company, Bimbo Bakeries USA, headquartered in Horsham, announced plans Tuesday to build a state-of-the-art bakery on 30 acres at 105 Boulder Dr., across from a new Ocean Spray bottling plant under construction near Route 100.
Construction of Bimbo's new bakery will begin in a few months and should be completed by the end of the year.
The $75 million, 240,000-square-foot facility is expected to bring more than 100 jobs to the area when it begins operation in early 2014.
The plant will produce Sara Lee, Arnold, Stroehman's bread and buns for the Northeast. The company also produces Maier's, Entenmann's, Freihofer's, Thomas' and Boboli baked goods.
Maier's Bakery is located on Upland Avenue in southwest Reading.
- 2 counselors overdose and die at Chester Co. halfway house
- Jury of 12 on Bill Cosby sex assault case includes 2 blacks
- Cosby arrives for Day 3 of jury selection
- 11 people seated on Cosby jury; defense sees race bias
- Manchester Arena managed by suburban Philadelphia firm
- Jury selection enters 2nd day in Bill Cosby sex assault case
- Governor Wolf plans to sign Real ID law
- 2 dead in I-81 fatal crash in Schuylkill County
- Allentown program teaching kids valuable skills
- Last night for rehearsals before the 2017 Freddy's
- Oley Valley High School student killed in Ruscombmanor Twp. wreck
- State senate passes Internet gambling bill
- Lower Macungie cancer survivor raises money for research with annual event
- Bluebells not blooming at Lock Ridge Park
- New app aims to save lives in Montgomery County
- New charge for man charged in Forks Township cell phone robbery