HORSHAM TWP., Pa. - There's a bun in the oven for a Montgomery County-based company: a new bakery is on the way in Upper Macungie Twp., Lehigh Co.
A national company, Bimbo Bakeries USA, headquartered in Horsham, announced plans Tuesday to build a state-of-the-art bakery on 30 acres at 105 Boulder Dr., across from a new Ocean Spray bottling plant under construction near Route 100.
Construction of Bimbo's new bakery will begin in a few months and should be completed by the end of the year.
The $75 million, 240,000-square-foot facility is expected to bring more than 100 jobs to the area when it begins operation in early 2014.
The plant will produce Sara Lee, Arnold, Stroehman's bread and buns for the Northeast. The company also produces Maier's, Entenmann's, Freihofer's, Thomas' and Boboli baked goods.
Maier's Bakery is located on Upland Avenue in southwest Reading.
Philadelphia Mayor Jim Kenney says the city's sweetened-beverage tax raised $5.7 million in January, more than double what city officials had projected.Read More »
- Sunoco building 2 pipelines, not just 1 across Pennsylvania
- Authorities identify 2 victims of Atlantic City stabbing
- At least 1 killed in Upper Providence crash
- New Jersey animal control officer arrested for sexual assault of minor
- Montco to conduct DUI checkpoint, roving patrols in early March
- Bucks man ID'd as victim of stabbing in Atlantic City
- Updated Sunoco building 2 pipelines, not just 1 across Pennsylvania
- Man accused of stabbing wife, daughter-in-law in Allentown
- Updated Coroner called to crash on Interstate 176 in Caernarvon
- Chicago to rock Musikfest this summer
- Updated Philly mayor: $5.7M beverage tax haul doubles projections
- Saylorsburg man faces DUI charge, child was in car
- Life Lessons: Raising a tech entrepreneur
- Easton adopts 20-year comprehensive plan
- Lehigh County supports anti-gerrymandering bill
- Allentown Parks & Rec Committee gives nod to new 'Auburn Cross Trails Park'