HORSHAM TWP., Pa. - There's a bun in the oven for a Montgomery County-based company: a new bakery is on the way in Upper Macungie Twp., Lehigh Co.
A national company, Bimbo Bakeries USA, headquartered in Horsham, announced plans Tuesday to build a state-of-the-art bakery on 30 acres at 105 Boulder Dr., across from a new Ocean Spray bottling plant under construction near Route 100.
Construction of Bimbo's new bakery will begin in a few months and should be completed by the end of the year.
The $75 million, 240,000-square-foot facility is expected to bring more than 100 jobs to the area when it begins operation in early 2014.
The plant will produce Sara Lee, Arnold, Stroehman's bread and buns for the Northeast. The company also produces Maier's, Entenmann's, Freihofer's, Thomas' and Boboli baked goods.
Maier's Bakery is located on Upland Avenue in southwest Reading.
Pennsylvania's highest court is limiting the power of prosecutors to seize people's property through civil actions.Read More »
- Warrants issued for man in attack on person with cerebral palsy
- Man arrested in hit-and-run crash with school bus
- New app aims to save lives in Montgomery County
- 2 counselors overdose and die at Chester Co. halfway house
- Jury of 12 on Bill Cosby sex assault case includes 2 blacks
- Cosby arrives for Day 3 of jury selection
- Updated Gov. Wolf signs Real ID law, expects new licenses in 2019
- Updated Man killed in crash with fire truck in Allen Township
- Updated Marc Anthony to come 'full circle' with return to Reading
- Updated Pa. health officials warn of possible measles exposure
- Updated Black bear spotted roaming Leopard country
- Health Beat: HPV cancers on the rise
- Passing showers but more seasonable Friday
- PPL deploying smarter technology
- Pennsylvania man sets Plinko record on 'Price is Right,' goes wild
- Strawberries are ripe for picking in Northampton County