POTTSTOWN, Pa. - Police in Montgomery County were called after a body was discovered near the Schuylkill River.
Police and the coroner were called to Riverfront Park early Friday morning.
The body was found south of the parking area, west of South Hanover Street.
Police say it was the body of a was a 55-year-old man. They are not releasing his name until his family is notified.
Police say it does not appear to be suspicious and there is no criminal investigation at this time. The coroner's office has not yet determined a cause and manner of death.
We will continue to update you as more information becomes available.
April is Autism Awareness Month and a Bucks County woman wants to prove those on the spectrum can succeed in the business world.Read More »
- Pottstown School District approves new superintendent
- State police asking for help in Chester County cold case
- Police officers help deliver baby on side of road
- 1808 farmhouse sales raise money for hospital
- Philadelphia cops raid pot-smoking party, arresting 22
- Man working on NFL draft stage injured after fall
- A career (and a giraffe) is born
- North Catasauqua Borough Council give sinkhole house owner an ultimatum
- Day care owner charged in baby's 2016 death, DA says
- Eric Frein laughed about selling story in recorded phone call
- Multi-purpose skatepark planned for Reading's riverfront
- Man accused of hitting, killing wife with truck to stand trial
- Mother, son breaking business barriers for those with autism
- Bethlehem makes Forbes' top 25 best places to retire
- House advances bill to let restaurants sell takeout liquor
- KU baseball player surprises girlfriend with on-field proposal