POTTSTOWN, Pa. - Police in Montgomery County were called after a body was discovered near the Schuylkill River.
Police and the coroner were called to Riverfront Park early Friday morning.
The body was found south of the parking area, west of South Hanover Street.
Police say it was the body of a was a 55-year-old man. They are not releasing his name until his family is notified.
Police say it does not appear to be suspicious and there is no criminal investigation at this time. The coroner's office has not yet determined a cause and manner of death.
We will continue to update you as more information becomes available.
The jury in Bill Cosby's assault trial agreed on many points in the case and accepted his accuser's testimony as true, but they remained at a hopeless deadlock because of the confusing wording in the texts of the charges, a juror told CNN.Read More »
- Quakertown School Board approves 2017-18 insurance renewal; announces special meeting
- Bill Cosby spokesman says town halls are planned
- Juror says Cosby trial panel almost evenly split
- Judge approves release of Cosby juror names
- Bill Cosby judge to rule on whether to release juror names
- Police: Man stabbed several times in Pottstown
- Volunteers clean up at Berks WWII memorial
- NJ workers help woman find treasured necklace in trash
- Updated Police: Man shot, left for dead on road in Schuylkill County
- Updated Pharmacy assistant accused of stealing 30,000 pills
- Rain sends first night of Sabor Latin Festival inside
- 2 displaced after fire in Exeter Twp.
- Baseballtown highlights National Hall of Famers who played at ballpark
- Crash snarls rush hour traffic on I-78 in Allentown
- 'Faces of Reading' creators seek help to showcase exhibit
- Protesters want gas drillers to pay extraction tax in Pa.