PHILADELPHIA - A 5-year-old Pennsylvania boy has died days after he was choked when the family dog pulled on his scarf as they played in the snow.
The Philadelphia coroner's office says John Bruno died Saturday at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia, where he had been under heavy sedation since Wednesday's accident. The cause of death has been ruled accidental.
Police say his mother looked out a window of her Warrington home to see her son face-down and unconscious in the snow while the dog tugged at the scarf.
Police initially thought the child had collapsed from cardiac arrest while playing with the 18-month-old hound.
Police say first responders performed CPR on the boy.
A GoFundMe page set up to help the family pay medical costs says John's smile was electric and he loved "Ninja Turtles, Pokemon, superheroes and being silly."
The health rankings are in, and there's some good news and bad news for our area.Read More »
- Fewer priest accusers to testify at ex-official's retrial
- Cosby lawyers ask to exclude testimony on other women, pills
- Indicted Philadelphia DA needs lawyer, has money woes
- 100+ nursing home residents evacuated after water main break
- 3 arrested in bust of marijuana grow operation near Pottstown
- Boyertown school directors to discuss transgender lawsuit
- Armed student charged in lockdown of Daniel Boone HS
- Driver trying to park crashes SUV through convenience store
- Updated Allentown man gets 5-10 years prison for library bathroom sex assault
- New Congressman Charlie Dent's prominence grows in Washington
- Animal welfare program in Berks looks for homes for feral cats
- Pa. health rankings: How does your county compare?
- Stroudsburg diner wants people to unplug
- Vietnam Memorial Wall dedicated in Stroudsburg
- Allentown police hope new app will help cut down on crime
- Pa. Supreme Court sides with firefighters over Allentown in staffing dispute