PHILADELPHIA - The Mentor versus the Mentee. Maybe not that far, but this week is the return of Sam Bradford to Philadelphia where he'll duel with the rookie Carson Wentz.
Just days before the start of the season, Teddy Bridgewater went down for the Vikings. One trade later, Bradford was on his way to Minnesota, a first round pick was coming to Philly and Carson Wentz took over the reins in Philly.
All Bradford has done has led the Vikings to an undefeated start, and Wentz has taken the NFL by storm, becoming a potential Rookie of the Year.
It was a classic win-win scenario.
" In our case, our first-round, second-overall pick getting a chance to play this early; getting his feet wet, learning, putting us in a great spot, at 3-2," said Eagles head coach Doug Pederson.
"He's played a lot of football. He's getting better every week."
Pederson added, "From their standpoint, they got a good quarterback. He went to a playoff caliber football team with a tremendous defense. I know Adrian Peterson is not there, but [they have] a good run game. You know, it was a win-win for both sides."
The Eagles will look to snap their two-game skid, and deliver Bradford's Vikings their first loss on Sunday.
WFMZ's Sam Marcinek has the story.
Bill Cosby's lawyers accused Pennsylvania prosecutors of trying to "systematically" keep blacks off the jury Tuesday after prosecutors used their strikes to keep two black women off the panel.Read More »
- Manchester Arena managed by suburban Philadelphia firm
- Jury selection enters 2nd day in Bill Cosby sex assault case
- 5 jurors picked for Cosby trial, 2 know a sex assault victim
- 3 white men, 2 white women seated for Cosby jury
- 2 white men, white woman selected for Cosby jury
- DA: Man mocks, assaults person with cerebral palsy
- APD looking for woman who yelled "sorry" after dragging boy on bike behind car
- The "Textalyzer" could be coming to a police station near you
- XO Communications cutting more than 50 jobs in Berks
- 11 people seated on Cosby jury; defense sees race bias
- Northampton DA investigates trooper-involved shooting
- Fidget Spinners causing controversy in schools
- Giraffe arrives at Lehigh Valley Zoo
- BCAP holds open house at new location in downtown Reading
- Report: MGM/Sands sale falls through
- Leesport VFW honors young soldier home from service