BOYERTOWN, Pa. - A Berks County man has been tapped to take charge of National Penn Bank's central region.
As president of the region, Bruce Smith will lead the management, growth and development of business and consumer relationships in Berks, Schuylkill and western Montgomery counties, the Boyertown-based bank announced Thursday.
"Bruce is a well known and highly respected banker with strong ties to Berks, Schuylkill and Montgomery counties," said David Kennedy, senior executive vice president and chief banking officer. "We look forward to supporting him in his goal to deepen and broaden our customer relationships within the region."
Smith, of Wyomissing, will remain head of National Penn's company-wide cash management, international and government banking groups and continue to serve on the senior credit, asset liability and credit policy committees, officials said.
Smith, who brings more than 35 years of financial experience to his position, joined National Penn in 2004 as senior vice president in charge of the company's new middle market lending group.
He previously held leadership positions at Wachovia Bank, including serving as president of Wachovia's Berks County region.
Smith's community roles include serving as chairman of St. Joseph's Regional Health Network board of directors and as a board member of the Berks Business Education Coalition and the Greater Berks Economic Development Fund.
A Democratic candidate's run for the Pennsylvania Legislature is down the drain, partly because he used too little water at the house he claimed as his residence.Read More »
- Judge: Only 1 Cosby accuser can testify at sex assault trial
- Pete Rose appears on Phillies' wall of fame ballot
- Philly mayor: $5.7M beverage tax haul doubles projections
- Sunoco building 2 pipelines, not just 1 across Pennsylvania
- Authorities identify 2 victims of Atlantic City stabbing
- At least 1 killed in Upper Providence crash
- Route 222 reopens after crash closed it for nearly six hours Friday
- Safe travels, Ed: A new generation honors the Greatest
- Allentown's Police Athletic League keeping kids on the right track
- Easton man charged with homicide in fatal shooting
- Woman loses more than half her body weight after 140-pound mass is removed
- Al Boscov's daughters, lifelong friend to speak at service
- Warm weather in Berks means time for ice cream
- Union Township woman accused of stealing from Parent Teacher Association
- "Mascots for a Cure" get down in Pottstown
- Black Bass Hotel becomes Hollywood movie set