DOYLESTOWN, Pa. - Bucks County Deputy Sheriff Daniel Maggeo has resigned.
Sheriff Edward Donnelly said Maggeo voluntarily resigned this week.
The sheriff said he was surprised by Maggeo's resignation, saying he had been with the department for five years.
Donnelly said he doesn't have details, but believes the resignation may be related to an "incident" involving Maggeo which occurred May 3 in Bethlehem.
Donnelly said he doesn't know exactly what happened in that incident.
Chief Mark DiLuzio of Bethlehem police doesn't recall any crime incident involving Maggeo.
Philadelphia police were continuing to investigate after raiding a pot-smoking party at a city warehouse, arresting 22 people and seizing 50 pounds of marijuana.Read More »
- Man working on NFL draft stage injured after fall
- Police search for suspect in Chester County bank robbery
- FBI nabs suspected 'Straw Hat Bandit,' serial bank robber
- Pottstown man found dead in park hours after house fire
- Body found near Schuylkill River in Pottstown's Riverfront Park
- Fire tears through Pottstown home
- Trial begins for accused getaway driver in 2015 killing spree
- Sentencing begins for congressional aide convicted of sexual assault
- Eric Frein sentencing continues Monday, focus shifts to Frein's father
- Small earthquake rattles parts of Pennsylvania
- Life Lessons: 3 Jars
- State police: 1 killed in crash with State Police vehicle
- Updated Philadelphia cops raid pot-smoking party, arresting 22
- Mostly cloudy with a touch of rain today; rain continues through early Wednesday
- Paramedic reunites with family he helped decades ago
- Runners take on St. Luke's Half Marathon