LOWER MILFORD TWP., Pa. - A Bucks County mom is nearing a painful anniversary.
It's been nearly one year since her daughter died. Her daughter's death sent police, detectives and other officials to a Lehigh County home, but many questions remain.
Mary Dickinson's life was turned upside down on June 18, 2018. Police officers came to her work and told her her daughter, 20-year-old Alexus Quay, was dead.
"There's nothing more than you want to do than protect your children…..and I couldn't protect her that day," Dickinson said.
"I told them I wanted to see her, I wanted to see her body, they told me she was non viewable."
They didn't tell her why. To this day, 10 months later, they still haven't.
"I don't know the cause of death, how it happened. I don't know who, or what, is responsible," Dickinson said. "Which I'm scared to death to hear, but I want to know. I want to know what happened to her."
Those unknowns have made healing, an already unbearable ask for a mother who lost her child, even more impossible.
"I can't heal," she said. "There's no healing without closure."
Police have called the case a death investigation and have not identified any suspects.
The homicide task force was part of the team at the Lower Milford home where Alexus was found. She sometimes stayed there with her boyfriend.
"I'm hoping, whoever out there, who ever knows anything, that they will speak up," Dickinson said.
She certainly won't stay silent.
"I'm not gonna give up, I want answers," she said.
She wants answers for the little girl who stole her heart and the beautiful woman she grew up to become.
"She was my world…my best friend," she said.
'Did you find the body?' Arrest made in 38-year-old homicide caseRead More »
- New Hope police department conducting internal review after officer-involved shooting
- Teacher accused of having inappropriate conversations with 2 students on social media
- Pennsylvania government watchdog to probe Grace Packer's murder
- Montgomery County teacher accused of sexting with 2 students
- Ex-Black Panther gets new hearing in 1981 police death
- Lower Pottsgrove police: 'Suspicious' armed man injures officer, flees in stolen car
- Updated 5-year-old boy reportedly rushed to hospital in Reading after being struck by car
- Developer gives update on Allentown's NIZ, revitalization efforts
- Updated Coroner called to crash on Route 10 in Robeson Township
- Updated Two I-78 westbound lanes closed in Upper Saucon Township after accident involving tractor-trailer
- Derailment cleanup expected to last until end of next week
- "Record" sales for store in the P'Burg Mall
- Bucks cold case: Man charged with homicide in wife's 1981 disappearance
- Police say alleged DUI wreck sheared driver's car in half
- Easton's West Ward gets $1.2 million grant for revitalization
- Allentown mayoral candidates to square off at debate Thursday night