LEVITTOWN, Pa. - A Bucks County official has been suspended after a report uncovered nearly a half-million dollars of taxpayers' money was wasted.
The Bucks County Office of Public Information said county Human Resources Director Meredith Dolan was suspended Wednesday after a grand jury report was released.
The report said hundreds of thousands of taxpayer dollars were wasted "mostly by inefficient administration of the county benefit plan," Dolan said.
The report uncovered nearly $500,000 the county had paid for health insurance premiums to cover some employees' ex-spouses and ineligible relatives.
County commissioners say they're still investigating and that Dolan's future with the county is not clear.
Read the entire grand jury report.
Jurors at Bill Cosby's sex assault trial in Pennsylvania will hear his explosive deposition testimony about quaaludes but not his references to the supposed aphrodisiac Spanish fly.Read More »
- NFL Draft experience is a hit in Philadelphia
- Quakertown CSD OKs proposed final budget
- Grieving father urges parents to get gun lock after tragedy
- Pottstown police going door to door in borough
- NFL Draft kicks off in Philadelphia
- Cosby, daughter, lawyer speak out as sex assault trial looms
- Arrest made in Allentown murder
- Deadly dog attack prompts warning to other dog owners
- Members of white supremacist group face federal charges
- Police: Argument leads to man being intentionally struck by vehicle
- Nazareth rollover crash injures two
- BB gun-toting vandals shooting out car windows in Reading
- Updated Candidates for Allentown mayor weigh in on the issues
- Mahoning Drive-in Theatre is open for business
- Almost like summer at FirstEnergy Stadium
- Man shot in Allentown Friday afternoon